Silca System Ground Installation Guide
Ground Applications with Silca System
Silca System has many applications. As our customers beautify their homes and backyards, we realized that Silca System could be used to make beautiful outdoor, in-ground features in addition to decks. In order to provide our customers with high quality outdoor paths and walkways, we have provided the Silca System In Ground Installation guide below.
It is now possible to extend the beauty of your new stone deck to the rest of your property! Silca System is proud to provide in-ground applications using the same engineered polymer Silca Grates used to construct high-quality stone decks across the nation. Customers now have the option to install brand new walkways and paths that match the gorgeous natural stone or stone pavers of their Silca deck.
Your backyard will be picture perfect with a brand-new outdoor stone deck, complete with a walkway made of stone pavers that will accent any feature. Installing a path that winds through your garden or around a pond is a breeze with Silca System. In addition, Silca System is the best way to guarantee perfectly level in-ground features.
Want a copy of the guide to take with you? Use the links below to download or view the guide as you get started on your new project.
Click Here To Download:
Ground Application Text Instructions:
1. Paint lines or use a garden hose for ground layout.
2. Cut sod along painted lines or garden hose.
3. Remove all top soil and sod (put in compost pile).
4. Add minimum of 1” #8 limestone as a leveling media.
5. Tamp limestone for compaction.
6. Install Geotextile blanket.
7. Install Silca Grate™ with T-locks on top of the Geotextile blanket (use SB-190 adhesive).
8. Install Geotextile blanket on top of the Silca Grate™ (ONLY if you are going to use Polymeric sand between the joints of your bricks or pavers).
9. Install bricks or pavers in any pattern or design!
10. Sweep in the Polymeric sand. Use a leaf blower to GENTLY blow of the polymeric sand off the surface of you brick or pavers.
11. Lightly mist water on the polymeric sand with a garden hose. Repeat the mist process at least three (3) times.